Children's Book Specials

Monday, February 1, 2010

Blessings

I have watched two shows this week, that really make me feel blessed.  One was about a little girl who was the only living "mermaid" in the world, her legs were fused together at birth.  Bless her heart, she had so many medical problems, but she was happy and you could tell she loved life.  She lost her fight at the age of 10.  The other show was about a little girl who is five now, she was basically born without a face.  No real ears, nose, no jaw bones, no vision in one eye, can't eat, hearing impaired.  Poor thing.  Intellectually she is just like all other five year olds.  I can't imagine living your life as these children have.  And I can't imagine being a parent to a child with such severe disabilities.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have the children that I do.  On an almost daily basis I hear of another child who has cancer or some other horrible sickness.  And, of children that have been ripped from life and their families prematurely by cold-hearted horrible people.  It really makes you put into perspective how fragile life is.  Just because my babies are well now, unfortunately doesn't guarantee anything.  I love my kids, and I wish them healthy, safe, long lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment