Children's Book Specials

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This describes my life!

An Excuse for Not Returning the Visit of a Friendby Mei-Yao Ch'en, translated by Kenneth Rexroth

Do not be offended because I am slow to go out.
You know me too well for that.
On my lap I hold my little girl.
At my knees stands my handsome little son.
One has just begun to talk.
The other chatters without stopping.
They hang on my clothes and follow my every step.
I can't get any farther than the door.
I am afraid I will never make it to your house.



I think this totally describes my life!!!  Even the ages/descriptions of the kids.  I love my babies, and sometimes it is hard to get out.  I used to love getting out and doing a lot of things, and hanging with friends, which I still enjoy, but it's not my priority anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment