Children's Book Specials

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Take Me Home Country Roads

(Journal Prompt: List 10 things that arouse a fond memory of the past.)

One of the biggest things that brings memories to my mind is music.  There are many songs that will instantly take me back in time.

*"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain.  Our song.  My first dance song.  When I hear it, I remember the first time that Lee told me, "I love you"

*"Free" by Zac Brown Band.  Jake's "best song".    When I hear this song, I think of my Jake singing.  I will always remember this as his first "best song".

*AC/DC music.  High School.  Angela Boitnott.  Cruising Williamson Road.  Carefree fun days.

*"Dirty Dancing" movie soundtrack.  High School.  Angela Tolley.  Sitting on top of the motor home.  Stalking the neighbor boy.  Silly string.

*"Take Me Home Country Roads" by John Denvar.  When I hear this song, I think of my grandparents, Freda/Clemmer Smith.  I remember singing this in their living room.  It is also recorded on tape.  :)

*"Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down.  My sis.  Paula Layman.  Two boys we were babysitting.  Driving down Main St., Salem.  Singing at the tops of our lungs.  Fun times. (Cayman)

*"Brown-Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison.  When I hear this song, I think of my baby girl, Julz.  She is my brown-eyed girl. My beautiful, Julz.

*(incomplete at this time....too tired to think of other songs right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment