Children's Book Specials

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Growing Fast!

April 28, 2007, from an older blog
 
Wow! My boys are growing up so fast! 

It's hard to believe that Joey will be 15 in 11 days!  I first met him when he was at the daycare in Kindergarten, then he moved into my class in 2nd grade.  And, Lee and I started dating when he was in 5th grade and had just turned 10.  He is growing up to be such a nice young man.  He is very smart, funny and just a lot of fun to be around.  I really enjoy hanging out with Joey, we have a lot in common and get along about 98% of the time which I think is great for a stepmom and a teenager!
Jake will be one in 9 days!  That is so incredibly hard for me to believe!  I can't believe how fast this year has just flown by.  It's just been so incredible.  I really enjoy being his mom.  I was so nervous about having a baby and wondering what kind of mother I would be, but I think I've done a great job.  (Except as my husband would tell you, not that I was ever a domestic goddess, but now it's even worse!!)  I just want to spend every minute with him.  I love watching him grow and change. 

My advice to any new parent is to enjoy every second and every stage.  Because if you blink your child has moved on to another stage.  You think the baby will never roll over, then the next thing you know they are sitting, crawling, standing, cruising, WALKING! 
Take lots of pics/videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment