Children's Book Specials

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When I Die....

January 25, 2007, from an older blog




I went to a funeral the other day.  It was for a man I'd never met, but by the time I left, I felt like I had known him....wished I had met him.  Five people got up and talked about him.  The family had asked them to tell some funny stories.  It was very moving.  The stories they told, well, some were funny, others more serious.  But, he sounded like such a nice man, it was very obvious that he had really touched their lives.  I had tears in my eyes almost the whole time.
It really makes me wonder, when I die....what would people say about me?  My sister and I have been talking about how we live our lives and relationships that we have, talking about trying to be positive about the good things in our lives, maybe we should also think about  how we influence other people.
I know that my sis and I both touch a lot of lives everyday.  We work with children.  Some of the children we work with might not have a lot of positives in their lives.  We need to remember that what we say to the kids and how we say it can really impact their day.
Well, I'm not planning on dying anytime soon, but it just makes you think sometimes.  Almost 300 people visited the funeral home the other night for this gentleman.  Wow!  I wonder how many people would miss me?


No comments:

Post a Comment